Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody ever tried to repair (weld) the front or rear extenions on a 1970 Mustang ? If so how do you go about it and what kind of metal are they made from ?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You should replace them from a parts car. This is the best way.

Good Luck!

·
Administrator
19,317 Posts
I used fiberglass and fiber cloth to repair some damage on my right headlight housing. All repair work was on the backside so it wouldn't show. It seems quite strong. I dropped the whole thing on a concrete floor and redamaged it. My previous repairs held just fine. My car hasn't been on the road, so I don't know how well the repairs will hold up to extreme temperatures, vibration, and normal body flexing.
I suspect the only really permanent fix is replacement.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
I was going to try leading one to see how it will holdup but haven't gotten around to it yet.However on one of the extra's I have for the 69 there was some bondo repair done.This car has been sitting in a scrap yard for the last 15 years and there was no sign that the extention had been fixed. Never noticed it until I cleaned the paint off of it. Don't know why lead will not work, just a bit touchy to use, take all safety measures , mask etc, if you try this .
Don

1 - 6 of 6 Posts