Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have photos of the front brake line installation, specifically the left apron and firewall area. TIA, John

·
Registered
5,896 Posts
John can we assume you want pics of a 67?

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
John can we assume you want pics of a 67?
Sorry, yes a '67. I just need the general routing, Nothing on this car is stock as far as brakes go. Just need to make sure the lines don't interfere with anything. Yesterday I bent up a stainless line for my clutch master cylinder, then realized it terminated in the center of the left side header collector. So that got ripped out.

·
Registered
930 Posts
I have several brake projects on my blog that may help. the most recent install of CSRP brakes on the 67 convertible may show you what you want, though they are all from the wheel side. The 67 coupe 2 has a shot of the master and distribution block after I replaced all the lines. the driver line goes straight out from the block to the shock tower, with only a small bend into a grommet hole about the size of a nickel.

There is a difference between drum and disc on where they connect to the flexible lines. You can see the drum location in the convertible pictures, centered under the spring. The disc location makes for a shorter brake line and is directly under the hole into the engine compartment, on the rear of the shock tower. So, if you get pre-bent lines, thats one of the differences between disc and drum. Another is the fitting on the ends. I don't think either is significant, just how it is.

Hope this helps.

https://bapony.com/2019/07/04/front-suspension-replacement/

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks, that's exactly what I need.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts