Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to change the front brakelines on a 69 Mach with front discs. I don't like the odd size tube nuts used on the lines connecting to the front brake ports on the distribution block. I can't find the right adapters to install a line lock to the front brakes. I'm planning on bypassing the distribution block completely and use an adjustable proportioning valve for the rear brakes. The rear brakelines seem to use the normal size tube nuts (3/8) for the 3/16 line. I was hoping some model years with front discs used a different distribution block that fits 3/8 flare nuts on the front brake ports and used the same size fitting as the 69 where the line connects to the flexible brake hose. I'm useless with a flaring tool so it would be great if there was a premade line I could just order if there is such a thing. Does anyone know? I guess I could just buy the correct lines for the car and have the tube nuts changed on one side. Sorry about the long post and thanks for any help.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Be sure to check around your town (yellow pages) for a steel tubing supply store. Here in OKC, I just head down to the tubing supply and have them bend up and flare whatever I need. There's often help just around the corner, be sure to look for it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts