Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My Mustang recently developed a squeeking front end. Everything under the front was new about 3 years ago. It has about 5k miles on it. Using a stethoscope, I noticed that the sound appears to be coming from the front right spring. The insulator between the spring and the perch or saddle has fallen apart and is only halfway doing its job. I have looked online and can not find anthing to replace it. I did find completely new perches, but I don't want the whole part. I have NOS Ford ones that do not have much use on them. What can I use that will be durable enough to hold up as a replacement?

·
Registered
35,874 Posts
Glazier/Nolan has the bushing itself (G05116), or you could go high tech and get roller bearing saddles.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
I saw a guy cut one from an old inner tube once, and it seemed to work fine...but since you are taking it apart anyway, I'd suggest the roller perches.

MrFreeze

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
If you are considering roller perches, they come with new pads.

If not, maybe contact Opentracker and see if he'll sell you the pads

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, that would be great. I really am still interested in your roller perches, but the budget doesn't really allow for any more upgrades at the moment. I just sent you an email.

·
Registered
1967 Mustang GT fastback
4,019 Posts
+1 on that. Big thumbs up, Opentracker.
And I love the roller perches - makes the car soooo much more responsive, light and fun to drive driving over the bumpy and frost heaved roads near my place.

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
As it turns out the perches needed to be replaced. I went ahead and got the roller ones from Opentracker. Man, this things are nice. The car rides smoother now too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts