Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

Starting my next project on the vert, and I need a little advice on front end kits. I'm considering ordering the Level 4 kit from Performance Suspension Technology, and I'm not sure if it has everything in it that I need. Can someone make a recommendation on the items that should be replaced when doing a complete front end rebuild? The kit comes with the following:

(2) Upper Control Arm Assemblies
(2) Lower Control Arm Assemblies
(2) Outer Tie Rod Ends
(2) Inner Tie Rod Ends
(2) Tie Rod Adjusting Sleeves
(1) Idler Arm or Idler Arm Bushing
(2) PolyGraphite Stabilizer Links
(2) PolyGraphite Sway Bar Bushings
(2) PolyGraphite Strut Rod Bushings
Control Arm Bumpers

I'm also going to order one of their Sway Bar Kits for the front end. Any recommendations there would be appreciated as well.

Thanks in advance,

·
Registered
622 Posts
sleeves are optional. Add springs/perches as mentioned. do your shocks too. Beef up your sway bars if you like. Also a good time to do monte carlo bar/export brace. I just did the big kit from american pony, as well as springs, tie rods, shocks, export brace, and sway bar. Night and day difference.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Hi, Keith, I did the PST kit for my 69 a few years ago. The contro larm assemblies are the easiest way to go, rather than rebuilding the old ones. I went with the standard rubber bushings in my kit. I wanted ride quality, and didn't need the heavy duty handling. As mentioned, the springs ( I kept the old ones because they still stood even and weren't worn that much. I also figured the ride might be slightly better than stiffer new ones), and spring perches ( I did go with poly perches from Mustangs Plus on these). When you get the front end all done, have it aligned by a professional shop who knows about older cars. If you have power steering, you can get by with as much pos caster as possible. It'll help make the car stable at higher speeds. The other thing you'll notice when you get done, is just how much slop is in the steering box. With all new front end parts, that's the next weak link you'll create. Tony

1 - 4 of 4 Posts