Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·

·
Super Moderator
10,779 Posts
I understand that. And live it daily on the lightning forums. I've owned one for 16 years. I know them top to bottom front to back. Mine makes north of 700hp and has dd reliability.

But look at it from my perspective. I have a car that while it's value it priceless, the things it's used for in it's life don't appeal to me.
I find it awkward to sit in.
It's nerve wracking to drive because I'm terrified of rock chips, door dings and accidents.
My dad painted the car. I did the wiring and drivetrain. So while it can be repaired, it's not going to be the same.

And to be told to get over it. And drive it. It's very off putting. I was basically told to accept their idealogy with no regard for my mindset or situation.
It's a car,......

·
Super Moderator
10,779 Posts
Surely he'd prefer you drive and enjoy the car, as you think back on all of the great memories that it brings, yes?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Surely he'd prefer you drive and enjoy the car, as you think back on all of the great memories that it brings, yes?
I couldn't say.
My dad was like me, the fun of car ownership is the planning and building and much less the driving.

Reactions: Israel

·
Registered
1967 Mustang coupe V8/C4/PS/
45 Posts
I havent driven my mustang in probably 4 years. Lots of reasons. But lets not get into that.

The front suspension needs rebuilt. I just plan to replace the stock parts with stock type parts for now.
It needs lowered but I haven't decided on a wheel tire setup and I don't want to lower it until I know that answer.

CJ pony parts has a basic rebuild kit for about $450
I pieced together the same setup on rockauto for about the same price, but it's all moog parts.

Which route would you take? Why?

Link to CJ's kit

I have read a ton of posts on kits here and they've all been over the top for what I need at this point.
I had issues with the Moog upper control arms. 1. The dust seal come off the wire retainer. Called Customer support w/o any help wanted me to remove the upper arm. Could not just send a dust seal. 2. The upper arm was rubbing the inner tire. So I had to shell out additional $$$. And replaced with Scott drake premium upper control arm. Now I have the clearance to run my 14 x 7 style steel wheels.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
I had issues with the Moog upper control arms. 1. The dust seal come off the wire retainer. Called Customer support w/o any help wanted me to remove the upper arm. Could not just send a dust seal. 2. The upper arm was rubbing the inner tire. So I had to shell out additional $$$. And replaced with Scott drake premium upper control arm. Now I have the clearance to run my 14 x 7 style steel wheels. View attachment 790000
Thanks for the heads up. I'll keep an eye out

41 - 50 of 50 Posts