Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a dent just behind my 66 front headlight that I want to knock out. I'm so strongly right handed I'm not sure I can get it done while on the car. Is it much trouble to remove and reinstall the fender? Any great difficulty realiging that body panel? I'm thinking, putting the fender on the work bench would make it so much easier for me anyway.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Super easy, I just did it to replace a rusted out inner fender and Battery box. If you are not removing any of this items, installation and alignment should be straight forward.

·
Registered
34,248 Posts
If the paint is undamaged, find a guy in your area who does "paintless repair". They gently massage dents without damage to the paint. I've used them on all sorts of cars, old and new.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The paint is scraped off and I'm getting the whole car ready to repaint. I'll go ahead and pull the left front fender off. Thanks for the encouragement.

·
Registered
9,790 Posts
A reminder: there is a hidden bolt on the 66's up behind the dash, and between the dash board face and the vent on the left. You can get it with a 3/8th drive with a short extension (2" or so) with a 1/2" socket.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A reminder: there is a hidden bolt on the 66's up behind the dash, and between the dash board face and the vent on the left. You can get it with a 3/8th drive with a short extension (2" or so) with a 1/2" socket.

I started looking for that bolt. Is it behind the kick panel or is it above it?

·
Premium Member
9,931 Posts
I started looking for that bolt. Is it behind the kick panel or is it above it?

It's actually a nut that you're after and not a bolt. I don't remember if the hole that you access it through is behind the kick panel or above it but it should be obvious because it's about a 1" diameter hole and the factory put a rubber plug in it after the nut was tightened. Who knows if the plug is still there?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts