Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So now I have my shiny new front parking light assemblies. From under the car looking up one can see the wiring disappearing through a rather small hole and going up there to be plugged in. Since I can't reach through that hole, I am wondering how I access the plug in area. I'm thinking perhaps the headlight comes out and opens up the area with the plugs, but wonder if anyone here can confirm that.

As always, thanks in advance.

Chuck

·
Registered
35,867 Posts
Remove the headlight and the steel shell holding the bulb. With care, you might be able to do it without removing the shell.

You should have a plastic grommet in the hole for the wire, and a rubberized steel clip to hold the wire up.

·
Registered
884 Posts
If you remove the headlight door, retainer and the bulb, you can get access to the connector for the brown wire to the headlight harness enabling removal of the old parking light. You should not have to remove the headlight bowl that the retainer attaches to.

To remove the old light you will have to pull the wire a little to get access to the single plug on the brown wire after you pull the headlight out. Leave the plugs for the headlight and brown wire outside the headlight housing access hole. You should then be able to fish the wires for the new parking light through the grommet enabling you to grab them with your fingers. Plug the new brown wire into the headlight harness, push the connected wire back into the housing and re install the headlight and the other trim pieces and you should be good to go.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you remove the headlight door, retainer and the bulb, you can get access to the connector for the brown wire to the headlight harness enabling removal of the old parking light. You should not have to remove the headlight bowl that the retainer attaches to.

To remove the old light you will have to pull the wire a little to get access to the single plug on the brown wire after you pull the headlight out. Leave the plugs for the headlight and brown wire outside the headlight housing access hole. You should then be able to fish the wires for the new parking light through the grommet enabling you to grab them with your fingers. Plug the new brown wire into the headlight harness, push the connected wire back into the housing and re install the headlight and the other trim pieces and you should be good to go.
Thank you! This forum is really special! CS

1 - 5 of 5 Posts