Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These are my 2 questions.

I have been thinking about rebuilding my front suspension. Last year I bought a kit for the 69 Mach 1, but wasn't really happy with the quality of some of the parts and the grease fittings not fitting correctly.

So what or who do you recommend for quality replacement parts, I am not looking for Global West type of suspension, just stock type of parts.

In the ignition of my car, it seems to get a miss at about 6k rpm, runs strong up to that point. I have a msd 6al box, accell dual point dizzy. If I replaced the dizzy to a electronic unit what is the recommended dizzy to use.

Also, my car wants to diesel when I shut it off. I think my rear float on the carb might be set a little high. Would this cause it or should I look at something else.

Thanks again,

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
For suspension, find a source for Moog parts, they're the best. Buy cheap no-name suspension parts and you'll have cheap (as in low quality) parts. Been there, done that.

You could use a Ford Duraspark or an MSD dizzy.
http://fordsix.com/duraspark.htm

I've had dieseling problems before. It was from my MSD dizzy advance springs not pulling the advance weights all the way back. So I have to use the heaviest advance springs. I would suspect the carb if the spark plugs are getting sooty.

Robert

1 - 2 of 2 Posts