Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to rebuild the front suspension on my 66 GT coupe. I am going with new UCA/LCA/roller perch/roller Idler arm/1 1/8" sway bar/1" drop springs/KYB shocks/adjustable strut rods/and 1" Shelby drop . I am thinking about going with Opentracker products. I cant decide if I should go with the base street setup ($1,345), roller UCA street ($1,715), autocross roller setup ($2,015), or maybe just ditch the Opentracker stuff altogether & go for the whole enchilada with the RMP coilover kit ($2,595). I know the base setup is probably fine for my street use. Will anything more than that base OT street setup make that big of a difference?

G

·
I think the street products from John will do just fine for you. I would send John a email and ask him directly. He will walk you through it

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
I second Napaguy on this. You have to be firm in what you want from your car. For example. I have an I6 '65 Coupe that I intend on being a daily driver/commuter vehicle. I want to be able to corner better than the cruddy I6 suspension could do but am not interested in race car technology and fancy redesigned modified MacPherson strut front suspensions. So, following Opentracker's advice, I opted for roller spring perches, the street UCA and LCA, and 480lb springs with one coil cut. Oh, and I converted to V8 front suspension (for better selection of front disc brakes plus i could use the Shelby quick steering kit), Edelbrock IAS shocks, and a 1-1/8" roll bar (which I backslided on and went with a 1" bar). I went a little overboard and threw on the adjustible Street or Track strut rods. I had 'em so I figure I might as well use 'em.

I think the best upgrade would be 15X7 rims tires (or larger if you want).

Dean T

1 - 3 of 3 Posts