Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my 65 'vert, the little triangle windows on the sides of the car are hard to open/close so i am trying to take them apart and lube/replace broken parts. i have the frame of the window out, but i cant get the glass out of the frame... does anyone know how? heres a picture of the part i am talking about if you cant figure it out from my discription /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

http://home.attbi.com/~ksmid5/window.jpg

- Jason

·
Incorporated Sell Out
17,130 Posts
We call them "wing windows" in my neck of thw woods.
Never could understand why.

I've never disassembled one so I am no help.....just felt like saying 'wing window' cause its been a while /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

G

·
Do you have the glass with the trim molding out yet? If not, here is how you can get it out. Unbolt the nut underneath where the spring is located. Once you have it off the rest of the hardware should come off, you may have to wiggle the bracket a bit, but it will come off. Once everything is off, push down one the glass with the trim molding until the middle hinge comes out of the main frame.

I would not recommend taking the glass out of the trim molding unless you really need to. The gasket material is not reproduced like a lot of the other window parts. You will need to get it from your local glass store. They should sell it by the foot. The problem is getting it back in right. If you so desire to take it out, it should come out with some pulling and slight prying with your hands. You will also n need something to grease it up in order to get the window back in. This was not easy as I thought it was going to be.

I replaced everything on my windows and I can tell you that I was not happy with the new weather-stripping and the way the rivets hold it in place. I broke the rivet tool that is required to replace the weather-stripping.

Good Luck let me if you need any further help.
[email protected]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts