Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a day. I need some encouragement from you guys!!!
I thought we were ready to install some stuff and turn the corner with this car. Today I brushed the 3M seam sealer on the car. SHOULD HAVE CHECKED THE OSBORN MANUAL FIRST. I put some sealer on seams in the engine compartment that don't have sealer. And I:m not happy with my work.
Looks like S*#T. I either have to remove some of the sealer and repaint , or say the heck with it and just paint over the gray sealer
Thursday I spent all day working on on of the bellhousing bolt threads. The treads were bad in one hole and stripped trying to mount the trans to the bellhousing. Tried to use Loctite tread repair. A epoxy/metal compound you put over the treads, install the bolt, wait 5 mins, unscrew the bolt, allow to dry, and it will take 130Lb# of torque. The first package would not cure it was old. The second packege froze the bolt in the hole. The head broke off trying to get it out. had to put in a Heli-coil. That one bolt took all day.
AAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Guys is this normal ???

The only good thing is that I have to fly a trip tommorow, I'll get away from it for a couple of days and can approach it with a fresh mind when I get back. If the airplane breaks at least I don't have to fix it or PAY for it! (and airplanes are real expensive to repair)

Disregard below, I'm not having a ball this week

My son got me into this and I'm having a ball

G

·
0 Posts
It is a long process, and there are times when it best just to put things down and walk away for a day, or a week. My wife keeps telling me that I need patients, and I tell her, If I wanted patients I would have become a doctor. I am 1/3 into restoring a 72 convertible, I have sand blasted the whole car and just spent the winter grinding, striping and repainting the engine parts. I have just welded in my engine aprons, rad support and I am currently doing the floors. My car is not concourse or for show, just a solid driver that will look great when it is done. I have found that the more people, shops, mechanics I talk to about problems that I have encountered, the better I feel. You will figure this out, and when it is done, it will just be a smirk on your face when someone asks, was it a long process to complete your restoration.?????

G

·
0 Posts
Hey, I'll trade ya for THIS .
Good luck :)

Full Throttle
http://homepages.go.com/~ful_throttle/fullthrottle.gif

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry to see that. Hope it works out for you.Cars are sometimes a necessary evil.

My son got me into this and I'm having a ball
65 fastback, 289, 3 speed, Holly 1850, Edelbrock intake. SSB front disks in a box, Canadian Mustang "real big kit" suspension in alot of boxes,
Right now lots of boxes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
I bought a fully restored 67 convertible. The second day i owned it the heater core blew out and filled the passenger floor with anti-freeze. That was my baptism back into classic car ownership.

On the flip side, as i drive to work i passed a guy in a brand new BMW, and he gave me the long look as i passed. Regardless of price there is nothing being sold today that surpasses the look of a classic.

So stand back and look at your car, isn't it pretty.

Motor

1 - 5 of 5 Posts