Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy folks,

In my area I came across a R code 1972 Mach 1. Goodnews about it, motor is complete, Ram air parts are all there. Car is driveable and not super rusty.

Now the bad. The car has obviously been nailed hard in the front end. Fenders are replacement. Car has incorrect chrome bumper on it. Area around right hood hinge the apron steel's texture isn't right suggesting someone tried to fix it.

I wasn't able to see the car run or get into it nor the trunk. Vehicle is mostly in primer, with the passenger quarter pretty bondoed.

I believe the car is factory dark green metallic. I could find that color peeking through the primer in a place or two. Fenders has what appears to be Grabber yellow showing near the fender bolts.

If you want more info PM or email me. It'll be a couple days before the owner gets back to me. Not sure what the asking is. I'll make sure to get the info, I may even ask to take the car to a frame shop.

Steph

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry Folks.

Went and followed up on this car today. Sadly, seems the car was 'dropped off' and was moved. The mustang yard it was at seemed to know nothing why it was there and why it suddenly moved.

So... Phantom R-Code?

If the Mustang yard owner hears what it is about I'll post a follow up. Until then, this car vanished as fast as it appeared.

Sorry for the false alarm.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts