Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm working on an early Mustang fuel tank design with the RCI engineer. It will mount in the stock location and include a outlet sump. Perfect for EFI and HP carb applications. Should price around $300 and hold 20 gals.
I will keep you up to date.

·
Registered
489 Posts
The cost you've mentioned definitely makes it sound better than a Fuel Cell unit, but will it have the same features of one? What's the advantage of your design over a regular fuel tank with a drain plug?

I'm curious/interested because I was thinking about picking up a new tank when I do the EFI swap.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well.. "Fuel cell" is a term used for many things..
A fuel cell is a bladder contained in an impact resistant container like the PRO Cell made by Fuel Safe. It also is used to refer to a plastic tanks and to plastic encased in steel and aluminum.

It also is used for aluminum tanks.

In some cases, the rules dictate what you must use.

What I am working on is an aluminum tank that will be allowable for some events but would not be used by a racer. It works for EFI at the same cost as a steel tank with modified fuel sender. It offers 20 gal instead of 16. It should be lighter than the stock tank but will have a more secure filling system,(requires opening of trunk). It will also have a roll over valve. So.. I would say it's safer then a stock tank but not as good as a fuel cell.

I think what Fuel Safe does is great. For me, it's to much money for occasional track use.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts