Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well run out of fuel twice in the one day the other day,so its time to fix.Fuel gauge only reads 1/2 tank when full,so today i pulled te sender. Float looked fine ,no holes or fuel inside,resistance on the sender coil was about 10 ohms empty & about 75 full.Resister coil looked fine,circut from point A to point B so i cleaned everything up & put it back together,no change. The gauge seems to be ok,when you ground the wire out gauge reads full & returns to empty. Anybody got any ideas whats up . Thanks Ron.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Try changing out the voltage regulator on the back of your instrument cluster. Hope this helps :: By the way if you can tell me why I can't get my sig pic to appear I'd apreciate it greatly! ::

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
I had to bend the float arm on one of mine and haven't figured out why it needed to be done - there wasn't any thing in the tank that could have bent it unless someone was siphoning my gas and hooked it when they were pulling their siphon out...

Dean T

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
check your instr panel VCR to see if you have 6Vs or so or replace as other poster suggested. thats if it read OK before, other wise do as Dean T sugggested.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts