Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am overbudget (way over) and i know it would be better to replace my fuel line but i cannot so i must restore it or try to anyway. Its the long from tank to engine bay and it has slight surface rust ,can it be painted or clear coated to look close to orginal. Has anybody done this? Thanks

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
To spend the time and effort to remove it, clean it, paint it and install it, only to do it again sometime down the road seems more than worth the $100 (or so) to put in a stainless line and be done with it forever. You could even install the larger Shelby line and have a nice upgrade at the same time.

Heck, it's only money. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Good Luck,

·
Registered
646 Posts
If your car does not need to be factory correct, I would do as I did and bend your own fuel lines. You can buy fuel line in five foot sections from most major auto parts places and pick up any couplers from your local hardware store. I rented a pipe bender from Autozone and spent a day removing my old lines and bending the new ones to look like the old. The whole project cost a little over $35. I hope this helps and good luck!

Deathman68

·
Registered
680 Posts
Summit sells the stainless steel line in bulk, in like 20' foo rolls, if you need it. With a double flair tool, and your old fittings. should be able to do it for less than $75.00.

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
I just removed and cleaned my line between the fuel pump and the carb. Looked terrible before but liberal amounts of some Simple Green and 000 steel wool made it appear like new.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts