·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
more than likely you will end up trapping heat in the line
Yes. Even rubber lines are bad about it. If you were going to remove heat, you'll need to increase surface area, but I wouldn't worry too much about that line. I just put on a stainless one and it has not hurt mine at all in 90-100° temps.

·
Registered
6,603 Posts
What problem or "potential" problem are you seeking to prevent?

·
Registered
34,281 Posts
If you're worried about heat then leave the line uncovered. Anything you put around it will help TRAP heat inside. If you experience fuel vaporization issues in the line with steel, add a heat sink. You can buy finned heat sinks or use what we did "in the old days".

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I bought a Summit black powdercoat intake and a 500 cfm carb to replace my 2100.

The new fuel line looks like it will bolt up to the carb inlet with minimal tweeking.

The fuel line runs pretty close to the block and manifold, so I think I need something.

https://www.summitracing.com/ga/parts/tcx-fin0-50bk3/overview/

·
Registered
44 Posts
Steel fuel line fixed my problem. I didn’t have room for a phenolic spacer. (351)

I also switched to full manifold vacuum which seemed to reduce the temps under hood at idle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My new fuel line runs behind the distributor while the one on the car when I bought it runs in front of the distributor.

Which would have been correct?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts