Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of investing in a fuel safe fuel cell with the stiff rubber bladder rather than the soft bladder less maintenance tech guy said, if u have had one of these cells how much maintenance do u do i already got a areomotive A1000 pump feeds 1,000 hp and filter set up feed return line regulator ect. and i want to run it instead of a intank pump cuz cost. i seen some pics on the web with guys running the pump in the trunk above the fuel cell, not what areomotive wants they want it gravity feed like a drag race fuel cell with a sump on bottom, areomotive tech guy said it would probably be fine but he isnt sure not ideal if i came right out the top of cell and to pump mounted level to or under fuel cell. if anyone has a external pump with the cell will u post pic or explain your set up, i seem to remember the guy at fuel safe said the outlet on the 1965 mustang tank is not on the top but similar location as the stock tank if so that would help the external pump. i want to keep evrything i can out of trunk its going to be a street driven car and i would like to race one day.thanks for any info

·
Registered
18 Posts
Pump gas seems to take its toll on the bladders and foam. My friends foam filled JFZ(?) has been trouble free for 15 years, but has NEVER had pump gas in it.

Knowing what I know now if road course work is your plan put the pump in the cell with good pick ups.

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
Pump gas seems to take its toll on the bladders and foam. My friends foam filled JFZ(?) has been trouble free for 15 years, but has NEVER had pump gas in it.

Knowing what I know now if road course work is your plan put the pump in the cell with good pick ups.
Yup, my race car had a very old cell, but I only ever ran LL100 AV gas. The one time I had to buy track gas, the cell starting leaking out on the floor before the next race.

·
Vendor
5,286 Posts
For the past few years Fuel Safe have been producing a roto-molded cell that fits in the aluminum container. Molded from rubber it is FIA certified and will last much longer and cost much less than the hand laid Pro-Cell bags. I would still drain the gas out for long term storage but would be less concerned of the gas eating away at this cell:

Its what we now build for customers with the pump in the surge tank:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts