Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be installing a fuel cell soon and, while I've used ATL cells for other applications in the past, I was wondering about the Fuel Safe direct replacement for the 65.

Does anyone have any experience with either the Pro or Sportsman cell?
Thanks,
Fred

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
I have one in my 66'.

They are very nice (but expensive), drop right in too. I use the 18 gallon one that allows the floor of the trunk to be at stock height so you can cover it with the trucnk mat. If you go with the 22 gallon one it raises the floor of your trunk about 2 inches.

regards,

Charlie

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Charlie,
Thanks, I was considering the 18 gal. Are your running the Pro or the Sportsman. Also, I'm using 93 octane pump gas, which contains ethanol here in NY. Do you think that would be an issue with the cell.
Fred

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
Fred, I have the 16 gal. Pro cell in my car and it was a breeze to install ::
I think they are good for any type of pump gas. Have you tried contacting Fuel Safe?

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi and thanks for the response.
I haven't contacted Fuel Safe yet. I will soon, though. I hadn't even thought about ethanol problems until the Dale Jr. crash and the anouncers mentioned that the fuel cell had been changed that morning due to issues with the cell decomposing because of ethanol in the fuel. I suppose a phone call to ATL or Fuel Safe would answer the question, but I figured it might be something that we should all be aware of.
Fred

1 - 5 of 5 Posts