Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am restoring a 1966 San Jose built car as best I can and am now installing the fuel tank. I have tried to keep the car original restored or NOS where possible. The filler pipe is original re-plated but I have a question about the filler hose. I have heard that some San Jose cars had fabric-wrapped filler hose and other have indicated that the factory original hoses had a texture (sometimes called alligator skin). Can anyone tell me what is correct.

I am not sure I can find an NOS hose but I would like to at least know what to look for.

Thanks,

Paul

·
Premium Member
5,686 Posts
Check the NPD catalog or website for some info, or call the restorers at Virginia Classic Mustang. I think the hoses I have used on 2 Metuchen cars and a Dearborn car were kind of a spiral-wound looking hose with a texture and I remember reading there are possibly different color thin stripes, maybe a purple or red or purplish-red, a yellow...

·
Registered
953 Posts
There are lots of unrestored 1966 Mustang pictures at the Concours Mustang site. To see these you need to join: Login

1 - 3 of 3 Posts