Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all -

I've been making my shopping list of goodies I need in order to drop in my 5.0 and I was going to go with a dual-pump set up with an accumulator in between, but I ran across a part from Summit that might eliminate the low-pressure pump and accumulator. The P/N is CEE-4040 from Summit and it looks like an externally-mounted sump that you weld to the bottom of the tank.

What are your thoughts on this part? Do you think it would eliminate the slosh issue and allow me to simply plumb a new high-pressure line and use the existing line for the return side?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
I remember seeing a posted link here to a Bronco related forum that detailed the configuration you mention, I can't find the link quickly. Try doing a search in the mail discussion forum using search words: EFI +bronco . It might lead you to the information you're looking for.

·
Premium Member
11,702 Posts
Having that hanging off the bottom of my gas tank would scare me.

It would probably solve your slosh problem to some extent though.

Talk to Eric (R100Rt) about his custom tank. It's setup much like you are thinking and was not terribly expensive, IIRC.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Having that hanging off the bottom of my gas tank would scare me.
The website I saw showed the fuel pump tank mounted between the gas tank and the rear axle. Someone here on VMF has done this to their Mustang but I just can't seem to remember who now.

·
Registered
184 Posts
The fuel injected 68 I did, had the competition engineering sump added to the stock gas tank and I used an external Holley fuel pump. They had just come out with a new line of pumps about 2 years ago, It was relatively quiet and worked great. I mounted the pump in front of the tank. The only thing I would recommend was putting a one way check valve as the line comes out of the fuel tank to keep the pump full of fuel.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts