1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
The CJ classics pan is a dynacorn part. Not sure about NPD. I’ve installed the dynacorn in my shop and been happy with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Not dissing on CJ's too much, but I will say that Rick @69bossnine and NPD do their homework and offer the best available, sometimes an affordable alternative as well, with realistic data for the buyer.

·
Vendor
3,516 Posts
Looking to purchase a full floor pan on my 67 Coupe from NPD or CJ’s.

I want to pick it up and both places are about the same distance from me.

Pricing is very similar between the two companies..... and I’m assuming similar quality?

Any thoughts on one over the other?

https://www.cjponyparts.com/cj-classics-full-floor-pan-one-piece-coupe-fastback-1965-1968/p/3648C/

https://www.npdlink.com/product/floor-pan-full-repro-complete-pan-is-one/100081/203500
Our 011135-1AR floor pan is manufactured by Golden Legion. I have no idea where the "CJ Classics" pans are made, but if they are indeed the same source as Dynacorn (or just Dynacorn), then it is likely that the manufacturers are different, because Golden Legion does not typically sell to Dynacorn.

The Golden Legion pan is super nice quality, we sell gobs of them, and we've never once had a return or reported complaint. And yes, there are plenty in-stock in Michigan for pick-up over the counter.

Our photo online kind of tricks you into thinking its bare steel, but that's just unintended reflection. They are black primer.

You might give CJ's a call, because their website shows in-stock, but "shopping CJ's West Coast". You would want to confirm that East Coast has adequate inventory before taking the drive.

Hope this helps.

Rick
NPD

·
Registered
6,322 Posts
Looking to purchase a full floor pan on my 67 Coupe from NPD or CJ’s.

I want to pick it up and both places are about the same distance from me.

Pricing is very similar between the two companies..... and I’m assuming similar quality?

Any thoughts on one over the other?

https://www.cjponyparts.com/cj-classics-full-floor-pan-one-piece-coupe-fastback-1965-1968/p/3648C/

https://www.npdlink.com/product/floor-pan-full-repro-complete-pan-is-one/100081/203500
I see you're in VA. You might contact Virginia Classics in Broadway, VA? They are good folks.

·
Registered
9,398 Posts
Dollars to doughnuts CJ Pony doesn't actually stock that pan. Meaning if you walk into the store, they would have to order it for you. NPD will actually have it on the shelf.

Do let us know which route you take and how it goes.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I bought the full floor set which included the seat pans. The fit is good but the lip is about 1/8-1/4 away from the inner rocker in the front but fits perfect in the back. I thought I was getting the bare steel pan but ended up with the black primmer one.
I'm not sure you'd want a bare steel pan, the likelihood that it would arrive from Taiwan without surface rust would be slim to none and I'm leaning towards none.

·
Registered
4,683 Posts
I bought the full floor set which included the seat pans. The fit is good but the lip is about 1/8-1/4 away from the inner rocker in the front but fits perfect in the back. I thought I was getting the bare steel pan but ended up with the black primmer one.
I'm not sure you'd want a bare steel pan, the likelihood that it would arrive from Taiwan without surface rust would be slim to none and I'm leaning towards none.
Not saying I wanted bare steel. I was surprised I got a primmer floor pan and happy I did. The bare ones I thought or recall at the time were cheaper in price. So no complaints here. Saved me from sealing it up with export primmer which is a must here in muggy Florida.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I've gotten several sheet metal items from NPD and the fit and quality has always been great. Would never think about going any where else. Just the fact that Rick frequents our little forum here is reason enough for me to shop there.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Well for us here our only local stocking sheetmetal supplier is Summit which is where I would get one as it's big. They have the Scott Drake one not sure who makes theirs. Though I can buy from other places as they can get stuff from the local warehouse.

What I would like to know is why can I get a shifter hump for pretty much every car ever made but for a Mustang I have to get the whole floor pan... I will patch mine when I get to that point.

Between CJ and NPD... Well pricing is basically the same Go with whichever you feel more comfortable with though if going with CJ I would make sure they actually have it in stock.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Dollars to doughnuts CJ Pony doesn't actually stock that pan. Meaning if you walk into the store, they would have to order it for you. NPD will actually have it on the shelf.

Do let us know which route you take and how it goes.
I decided to go with partial long pans as opposed to the full pan for a lot of reasons which make sense in my overall situation.

Purchased the pans from NPD.

I called CJ’s and went into the “were helping other customers and will call you back in the exact rotation of your call”. I never received a call back, so I left a message and never received a call back. I called to buy parts and couldn’t get through to speak to anyone and no one called me back. That’s concerning, if I have a problem... I’m afraid it will be my problem.

Kanesh suggested Virginia Classic Mustang which is less than 2 hours from me. I called them, they were great - they picked right up helpful and friendly - everything in stock, Saturday hours - excellent!

I then called NPD - they were also super helpful, friendly and had everything I needed.

The reason I selected NPD over Virginia Classic is that NPD takes PayPal and Virginia Classic does not. For me, PayPal helps me free up money, interest free for 6 months, and allows me to keep the project moving on lesser cash flow at the moment.

Received the pans in three days and I’m satisfied overall with the products so far (the toe pans are a little weird but there was something in the listing that a flange was bent incorrectly and they were the lesser priced toe pans so I’m not complaining).

I think I’ve found two very good sources that can supply my simple needs.

Thanks for the direction VMF!

·
Registered
6,322 Posts
I decided to go with partial long pans as opposed to the full pan for a lot of reasons which make sense in my overall situation.

Purchased the pans from NPD.

I called CJ’s and went into the “were helping other customers and will call you back in the exact rotation of your call”. I never received a call back, so I left a message and never received a call back. I called to buy parts and couldn’t get through to speak to anyone and no one called me back. That’s concerning, if I have a problem... I’m afraid it will be my problem.

Kanesh suggested Virginia Classic Mustang which is less than 2 hours from me. I called them, they were great - they picked right up helpful and friendly - everything in stock, Saturday hours - excellent!

I then called NPD - they were also super helpful, friendly and had everything I needed.

The reason I selected NPD over Virginia Classic is that NPD takes PayPal and Virginia Classic does not. For me, PayPal helps me free up money, interest free for 6 months, and allows me to keep the project moving on lesser cash flow at the moment.

Received the pans in three days and I’m satisfied overall with the products so far (the toe pans are a little weird but there was something in the listing that a flange was bent incorrectly and they were the lesser priced toe pans so I’m not complaining).

I think I’ve found two very good sources that can supply my simple needs.

Thanks for the direction VMF!
I "liked" your comment, as it was a fair, and reasonable assessment as to your choosing one vendor over another.
Thanks for an impartial and fair assessment, instead of a whining shallow excuse.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts