Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we drove the mach down(bristol tenn) last saterday for our first fun ford weekend. first the shifter came out of adjustment,so i fought with that halfway there and all the way back.grrrrr (a five speed is going in soon!!!!)to get in for the day was 20 bucks a piece.i use to drag race a little when i was younger,s maybe i've just lost the heart for drag racing,maybe it was the lack of vintage fords there,maybe it was the bunch of rude people(workind and participating) i don't know maybe i just exspected too much after reading about the fun ford weekends in the mags. don't get me wrong there was some very nice and fast fords there but i don't think i'll be going back......jace

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
I think what I usually forget about from year to year is the heat. Any shows that I attend are in and around Texas. I read all the articles and see all the colorful pics of great shows (usually in California) and get all fired up! Then I get to the next 100+ degree Southern show and am completely drained after an hour! :p I spend the rest of the day trying to sit still and dry off. I've sworn to myself many times that "this is the last show;" but I always come back the next year! ;) It's a sickness... ::

·
Registered
6,540 Posts
I agree Dan, down here in middle Alabama it is so friggin' hot and humid all the time! Go to a show and melt down after about 1-2 hours. I don't see how people can stay all day...must be the trophies :D

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oh yeah forgot to say it was hot as hell and very little shade :0)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts