Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, just exactly how many abandoned upper shock bushings have you found for the rear shock in the shock well? Yesterday while changing the rears on my 66, I found 2 on the passenger side, not including the one on the shock. On the drivers side, I found 1 nut and 1 washer. Thanks for participating.

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
On one of my coupes, I had 4 on one side and 3 on the other, total 7. Plus many washers and nuts. Removing them stopped the trunk rattle everytime I went over a bump.

G

·
0 Posts
Found 4 on the passenger side, none on the driver side. Must have something to do with the PO not being ambidexterous or something.

G

·
0 Posts
There were none in mine which surprised me because PO did everything half-assed. I was about to leave a pair in there mainly because in a convertible you gain access by removing the rear seat and I was getting frustrated because every time I climbed back there the shocks would move a bit and I couldn't get things to line up.

After I figured out that I could tighten them by leaning in from the side of the car I calmed down and fished out the old bushings.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts