Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
19,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've decided to go ahead and make the side scoops on Trouble functional. I know where to get the brake ducting kit, but can anyone tell me where the holes are cut in the car for routing the hoses? Are there pictures/drawings anywhere?

Also, because the fiberglass side scoops fit horribly, and I don't want the car to look like a clone, we're trying to modify the scoops so they blend smoothly into the fender. If it works out, I'll post pictures of our effort. If Chuck can do it (and he's an expert with fiberglass), the look will be awesome.

·
Registered
627 Posts
I saved this pic (I can't remember where I got it) for reference when I cut my holes.

I hope this helps.

wjj

http://a1.cpimg.com/image/DF/0F/11285471-fda5-02000151-.jpg

·
Administrator
19,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, it does!

·
Administrator
19,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, Bob!

·
Premium Member
5,293 Posts
Anyone ever tried using larger diameter hoses on their restomods side scoops in an effort to improve the cooling effect? I'd thunk on this once..../forums/images/icons/wink.gif Dickson

·
Administrator
19,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My only fear would be cutting bigger holes into the quarter panel and the possible weakening that could occur at that point. I'll stick with the kit that MU has and hope Trouble takes to the surgery okay. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

1 - 8 of 8 Posts