Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just joined the forum. This is my first post and I have a few questions. If anyone can help out I would appreciate it. I have a 69 convertible 302 V8

The 4 amp fuse (for the instrument panel) seems extra tiny. Will a standard SFE 4 amp fit? It seems like the fuse box has additional size restrictors in that slot??

In addtion, a spring in the turn signal cam (that operates the horn) is broken. Any idea where to get them without buying a whole new kit? I bought a standard spring at ACE that may be the right diameter and can cut it to fit but thought I would ask.

I also need a new convertible top and glass curtain. Any opinions on the best product would also be appreciated.

·
Registered
35,891 Posts
All the original fuses are available. I would be very careful about using the wrong fuse.

Spring in the wiring harness? Where?

·
Registered
5,674 Posts
Kee and Robbins make good quality tops. But they do not come with a brass zipper, you have to special order taht. The Kee hinge is stiffer than Robbins patented 'flex-hinge".

NPD sells an Ezy-On brand that looks pretty similar to the others and comes with a brass zipper standard.

I installed a Kee, but would probably go with the Ezy-On if I did it again. Nothing against Robbins or Kee, both are high quality and you can't go wrong with either of them, just my personal preference.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts