Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is an LE600 on ebay for anyone that's interested. It was originally a Flower Power Red (orange) fastback. The bidding is too high for what I think its worth, though I would still like to get a matching orange one to go with my fastback.

Link

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
Man that thing sits high.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its a 50 footer and worth far less then the $20K bid that's on it. When you take a close look at the pictures you can see how bad the car really is. I would have loved to get my hands on it before the rustorer did though.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks like its got GM style upper control arms on it
Link

but I'm sure it handles like a dream }:|

·
Registered
6,807 Posts
IS the seven digit DSO correct??? (DSO: 1627845)

Haven't seen one that long before

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Actually the last digit is the axle code. On the metuchen warranty plates they didn't add a space between the extended DSO number and the axle code, so it looks like one big number. I was pleased that Kevin Marti knew this when he made my repo warranty plate. I can e-mail you an original example if you would like to see one.

·
Beach Bum
5,694 Posts
69grandecj said:
Man that thing sits high.
I thought the same thing, like it has big block front springs in it with a small block.

·
Registered
6,807 Posts
manyc said:
,,,,,,,,,, I can e-mail you an original example if you would like to see one.

Thanks..... have plenty of examples. Was just going by the ad ( which didn't include a scan of the tag)

Were all the cars in the promotion built under one (or more) DSO's??

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
It's not a bad car, and if it can go for $20k+, it leaves hope that my '69 could be worth the money I have into it *LOL*.

Those front springs would have to go, immediately.

At some point the car was painted red and had the Mach 1 stripes along the side
... and that has what to do with a black car? :rofl:

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It is believed that there were 6 special DSO's in all, 2783-2788. The first 3 DSO's were Orange cars and the last 3 DSO's were Green cars. Cars have turned up from all DSO's except 2785. Its still speculation as to why there were that many DSO's needed. There is no direct correlation between DSO# and date of manufacture.

·
Just some guy
67 coupe, 69 Sportsroof, 86 hatchback
21,701 Posts
"Looks like its got GM style upper control arms on it "
Sorry? Lost me there. I see a stock Mustang upper arm in the picture.
I did notice they left off the bump stop. I guess as long as you ran those same front springs you'd probably never have to worry about bottoming out anyway.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
look again. the upper control arms look nothing like standard mustang control arms. Mustangs do not have press-in upper control arm bushings.

·
Registered
10,597 Posts
manyc said:
look again. the upper control arms look nothing like standard mustang control arms. Mustangs do not have press-in upper control arm bushings.
No, but the Granada/Monarch did and those arms will fit a Mustang. They handle like a toilet and those rubber bushed upper arms didn't help. The aftermarket also had a "fix-it" kit for stripped Mustang upper arms, which used rubber bushings.

FYI, that car sold for $20,201. Not bad for a six popper sportroof. He probably would have done even better if he clipped a coil out of the front and had used a Boss 429 hoodscoop instead of the CJ style. It is a pretty bad-ass looking car.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Those are Moog "Problem Solver" bushings that are made for repairing a-arms with stripped out bushing threads. I have a pair in an old beater Maverick. Cheap, simple and probably installed before the upper a-arms were being cheaply reproduced.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts