Vintage Mustang Forums banner

41 - 42 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Lizer, I'll have to look at what the joists are made of. But none of my spans are longer than 12 ft, so no problem there, but I am looking at adding some 12 footers that are supported only on the center 6 x 24 spine that runs down middle of garage. That means the ends are just hanging out there,.....attached to nothing. Wondering about bridging or bracing them to their neighbors ? LSG

·
Registered
2,873 Posts
Lizer, I'll have to look at what the joists are made of. But none of my spans are longer than 12 ft, so no problem there, but I am looking at adding some 12 footers that are supported only on the center 6 x 24 spine that runs down middle of garage. That means the ends are just hanging out there,.....attached to nothing. Wondering about bridging or bracing them to their neighbors ? LSG
Why do you want to add additional joists? What you have is more than enough. And there is a center beam down the center of the joists so the free span of each joist is only 6 feet!? Hell no I wouldn't add anymore joists!!!

But if you insist, you can install joist hangers on the ends. But there's no reason for it, your floor is plenty strong as is.

41 - 42 of 42 Posts