Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i just got these cabinets for the garage and i love them they're great just wanted to see what anyone else was using or if anyone else had these. they're new age product. this is just the picture off there website.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Wow if that were your garage I would be totally jealous.

I've got a workbench, a tall narrow rolling tool chest, and 3 tall plastic 6' high cabinets. They are about 20 years old. They have held up reasonably well.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow if that were your garage I would be totally jealous.

I've got a workbench, a tall narrow rolling tool chest, and 3 tall plastic 6' high cabinets. They are about 20 years old. They have held up reasonably well.
Ya, I wish it was but hopefully when I get those cabinets up it’ll look better than it does now

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
I have a Craftsman tool chest in the bottom of a cheap plastic wall cabinet that is falling apart, and a wheelbarrow in my carport holding what I'm not storing in the trunks of the cars or my overcrowded shed. What I wouldn't give for a real garage and storage again...

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
I have shelves. If I had cabinets I’d forget what was in them! ?
Bingo! I can't find a damn thing now that I replaced the shelves for cabinets. Be careful what you wish for.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
I like closed storage, otherwise black grinding dust covers every nook and cranny, impossible to keep clean. Like many, I have a hodge-podge of old kitchen cabinets, old work steel storage cabinets, an old lab bench, roll-away ...

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Choosing cabinets or racks depends on what you’re doing and how you work. I’ve got a auto fab shop more than a garage. I need more large bulk storage than cabinet space. I’d need some beefy cabs to store a disassembled engine or suspension pieces. :) We’ve also got a shed for things that don’t need to be in the garage.

I use cabinets for liquids, paints, aerosols, some PPE and a few other things. I’ve also got a purpose built flammables cab. It was a bit spendy but an awesome piece of mind. Tools are in six toolboxes segregated by application and I need another. This time it’s likely to be an old Vidmar or Lista from an industrial auction/liquidation. I use as much wall storage as I can with hanging Akro bins. What needs to be covered on a shelf is either bagged and/or put in labeled heavy duty tubs. For hardware and other small parts I use Durham bins.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
2-car attached garage 23x23 - I sourced the 4 bottom cabinets, 4' long x 20" deep, from a store going out of business. All of the upper cabinets and the two bottom drawer cabinets, someone's donated oak kitchen cabinets, I bought from our local Habitat For Humanity Re-Store Store. Cleaned them up, sanded them down, painted and hung. The Fastback is the only car parked in the garage, our 2 daily drivers park outside, so I have plenty of walk around room.

John

Garage 1.jpg
Garage 2.jpg
Garage 3.jpg
Garage 4.jpg
Garage 5.jpg
Garage 6.jpg

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
2-car attached garage 23x23 - I sourced the 4 bottom cabinets, 4' long x 20" deep, from a store going out of business. All of the upper cabinets and the two bottom drawer cabinets, someone's donated oak kitchen cabinets, I bought from our local Habitat For Humanity Re-Store Store. Cleaned them up, sanded them down, painted and hung. The Fastback is the only car parked in the garage, our 2 daily drivers park outside, so I have plenty of walk around room.

John

View attachment 748644 View attachment 748645 View attachment 748646 View attachment 748647 View attachment 748648 View attachment 748649
Sheesh that’s a nice set up you got!

·
Registered
635 Posts
In preparation for the restoration completion and my Mach 1 returning home I decided the garage was no longer befitting the car. Among other issues I went to Menard's and bought 3 wooden pantry units and a matching base cabinet. With a countertop from their returns/scratch and dent rack I have a small workbench. We painted the cabinets and they worked out great.
I helped a friend install his new metal cabinets and workbench a few years ago. I don't remember the brand name but they are one of the online brands. I recognized the name at the time. I was less than impressed as they were very flimsy and had no strength until attached to the wall. They are very "tinny" when opening/closing the doors and when placing items on the shelves. Dave R.

·
Registered
9,893 Posts
Years ago a friend of mine asked me if I wanted to help him remove some cabinets from an old apartment building. The building was under renovation and the owner offered the old kitchen cabinets to anyone who would remove them for just a few bucks each. We each filled our trucks with cabinets.

I spent a lot of time cleaning and degreasing them. Then I scuffed, primed and painted them black. I'll post a picture when I can, but wow, that was a screaming deal.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Man no way I'm posting pics of my garage with some of those pics. One side available for a car the other with my workbench and cabinets and a bunch of crap that everybody piles on my side. Not a big deal as I do most of my work at my business where I installed a 2-post lift.

·
Registered
4,403 Posts
Just got mine up today they’re awesome I went for the 16 piece set they're really strong!
I've read both your posts a couple times, but I'm either not seeing or just completely blind... but what's the name of these and who sells them?

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I've read both your posts a couple times, but I'm either not seeing or just completely blind... but what's the name of these and who sells them?
They’re new age products and I got mine on amazon but you can’t find them at a ton of places

1 - 20 of 27 Posts