Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
65 Mustang Convertible
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son is turning 16 in a couple months, thinking about bringing out my old 66 Coupe from SoCal to Chicago for him, but my 3 car garage is full with my 65 vert, and mom and my daily drivers.

I've got a 13 foot ceiling in the garage, so the logcal solution is a lift.
Anyone know where one can be purchased used? I don't have a couple grand laying around for a new one - I'd rather sink that money into fixing the car for the boy...

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Contact Tom Jackson at [email protected]. He is a friend in the petroleum equipment business and should be able to tell you who would have used lifts in the state. Tell him Gene Myers in San Diego referred you.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Also try Bill at [email protected] in Lansing, IL. He will remember me. Really nice group.

·
Registered
65 Mustang Convertible
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys, I appreciate the input!
BTW, the CraigsList link has been removed...
darn it!

·
Premium Member
19,235 Posts
Check around at stealerships...they often replace or upgrade their lifts. Our local Ford dealership was undergoing a major overhaul of their building, and I had a line on one of their lifts that they were replacing. By the time I wanted to drop the dime, they had already gotten rid of them.

Another contact would be the local MAC or SNAP-ON guys in the trucks, who might know who is going out of business or wanting to get rid of a used lift.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts