Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They started framing my garage today! 32'x36' with10' ceilings of Mustang workspace.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Sounds great.

I added a power ventilator to mine and the temps dropped 20-30 degrees in there easy. If you install it, it can be done for $50. To have the electrician do it, add another $100-150.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Congratulations!
I know the excitement and anticipation of building a "Garage Majal" aka "Pony Palace" aka "Toy Box."
Some frustrations along the way, but well worth it!
Nothing like opening the back door (my garage is attached) and getting a big wiff of gas, oil, blood, and beer! What a High!

Keep us updated, PICTURES!

J.

·
Registered
532 Posts
You are a luckly man. I am getting one soon also. I am building a new house, with a 24x24 garage. Not as big as yours, but I am moving up from a 12x20 workspace with little power. Can't wait.

·
Registered
660 Posts
You should have went 12 feet high with a 10 foot high garage door. Thats what I did. 19 x 10 garage door and 12 feet 6 inch high ceiling. I went ahead and bought a extra height four post lift. I can park my 97 4x4 F150 under the 70 Mach. The wife's Escape sits nicely alongside. Of course the truck goes back outside if I ever find a 70 Convertible Mustang. The height also allowed me to build storage shelves way up and out of the way. I store extra parts and other seldom used items,rims,tires,bumpers, etc. Higher is better. Goodluck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts