Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to check the gas mileage on the 66/289 4v. I filled it up the other day and parked it. Well, 15 yr old decided to crank 'er up and man, he doesn't know what anything under 3000-4000rpm's is! I mean everytime he gets in it, it's vroooom! I told him he is not to touch this until I can check the stupid mileage. I mean, it's 40 miles to where I work and I would like to see what it does. Yes, I do get down on it some, but not constantly. He is "constantly" on it, when I let him drive it (which is very often). Whew, does anybody else have this "offspring" problem... I told my wife, that's what we get for having sex!Teenager!!! LOL :p Btw, I did check it and got 14.5 including all the vrrrooooming. Will try again... :: I really pity the 350 cheby we put together for his '56 pickup, when we finish that thing...look out! :eek:

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ins. doesn't cost any extra here on state farm when he's under 16. He's covered under my policy, then at 16 I add him and it's about $50. a month.

·
Registered
446 Posts
being one of those damned younguns. I must tell you, its very difficult to keep the pedal metal free. AND ITS MY DAILY DRIVER. I mean, the sound of the exhaust, the thrill of being shoved back into your seat, pure joy. I don't floor it much though, only on abandon roads and freeways. That thing scares the crap out of me whenever the pedal hits metal ::. Plus, all adults tell me " you can get in serious trouble with that thing" or " Thats a dangerous car for someone so young", so i am kinda out to prove them wrong, even if they are a little right. Any car is dangerous if you don't know what it can do, and I know what my car can do. Anyway, my rant is over.

I could see how it would be even more difficult for him since he doesn't drive it all the time. Plus it isn't his car.

At least he has some great stories to tell to his friends.

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Well, I'm 51 and have the same problem. Only it's me. I seem to be addicted to high RPM and tire smoke. My kids are grown and away and tell me to grow up. Now, how's that for a curious irony?

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
hah yeah get a rev limiter for 3k, my friend had one put on his 5.0 by his father set at 3k... and well, there was ALOT of bouncing off of that rev limiter lol .

G

·
0 Posts
I learned to keep my foot out of a car early. Wrecked my 92 GT when I was 16. Luckily it was something I could fix my self. Hope that dosent happen to you, but I must say it learned me real quick.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts