Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just checked my gas mileage (stock A code with Edelbrock carb) on my first tank and got around 14.5 mpg. This was mostly putzing around mixing highway and stop and go. How does that sound? What's everyone else getting?

Kelly

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
That's not too bad! I'm getting about 13 in town with a similar setup. :p I'll typically get 17 to 19 on the highway.

·
Registered
314 Posts
ahh, great! I wish I could get that with mine. I get about 7.5. Of course mine is a little modified.

·
Registered
746 Posts
We get around 13 average city and about 17 highway. Sounds about right to me. Dawn

G

·
0 Posts
when i was daily driving my fastback 10 years ago, i could get 20mpg on the highway, stock A code automatic

G

·
0 Posts
When my carb is tuned right and the fuel doesn vaporize before it gets into the bowl, I get around 18 highway 14 city with a c-code 2 bbl. Your figures look pretty good for a 4bbl =)

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
then you drive like a nutty buddy. I got around 14 mpg around town and my mustang is a 4400lbs vert.

·
Registered
6,807 Posts
Best personal best with a A code 65 convertible was 24 mpg (freeway driving). Original car

G

·
0 Posts
I never said I was well behaved =)

Actually I just calculated my mileage tonight. Crusing at around 70-75 on the highway and about half the time in the city, I was able to get a little better than 16 mpg. Thats with my heat soak problem. With my carb properly tuned, i get at least 18mpg highway.

I remember when my car was so out of tune I was getting 8mpg!!

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
With my gearing, I get terrible mileage on the freeway - Around 8 miles per gallon. In the city, I can see 14 or 15.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts