Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any accurate way to track ur gas mileage? aside from a guesstimate lol....im looking at 1 5.0 now...and it has a ton of aftermarket mods like mac p headers, gt40p heads, cold air intake, etc....and the price is pretty reasonable....but id wanna find out about how many miles per gallon i could get aside from just driving and waiting to find out. thanks :)

·
Incorporated Sell Out
17,130 Posts
Fill you tank till the pump shuts off.
Pay the teller
Set your trip odomoter to zero ot notate the milaege
Drive 5 miles to the next station
Fill your tank till the pump shuts off
Pay the teller
Note how many gallons went into the tank and then divide into the miles you drove.

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
It will definitely get a slight advantage in mileage over the stock 225hp 5.0l engine.....the GT40P heads are extremely efficient and flow much better than production E7TE heads....they even outflow the GT40 iron heads!!!!

These heads also burn cleaner (emissions) and are so efficient, the EGR bump was deleted and can be run without the thermactor system.....the efficiency was gained by reconfiguring the combustion chamber and relocating the spark plug at a different angle. These heads also offer a half point increase in compression over stock production heads.

I hope this gave you your info fix.

I'd go for it...

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks roberto! damn uve been on alot of my posts recently :)

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hehe ya got me bill ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts