Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Major Phx Problem.Gas Gas Gas

Last week I filled my tank in the supercrew At $1.50 per.

So My wife informs me she hears that the gas is going to get critical. This is Sunday Morn. I tell her she better fill up NOW! So reluctanly we go and fill her Honda.

Now the gas is $1.71. The guy we know at the station says he ran out at 3PM sat. and just got 8000 gals that morning. NO LINES.

So today all hell has broken out. Most stations are OUT.
If they have gas , the lines are blocks long and 1 to 2 hours wait. Today she thinks I am a genius. This problem may continue for a few weeks. Yhe gas prices are now $2.25 to $4.00. Robbery

Well tonight I made a gas inventory. The real coo was that the motorhome has about 30 gals. That is good for about 2 1/2 fillups on the Honda. The supercrew with its 25 gals is just going to have to sit there. For I am not going to pay those prices. Between the Mustang and Corvette there is about another 30 gals, so I am pretty set.

What is this all about. There was a gasline rupture near Tucson AZ, Which feeds 30% of the gas into PHX.

So if you are traveling acroos AZ, the northern route is fine, I40. In the southern route gas up in Tucson and make it to Blyth or Yuma. Dont come to Phx.

My 500th post, what happens now? POOF?

Sorry about the long post.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
It sucks man.
All the gas stations but one are out of gas in my area.
The one that does have gas has an hour wait, and this is at 11:45 PM at night.
I figure I have a few gallons left in the Mustang which can be used if necessary for my daily driver. I'm probably going to stay the rest of the week at a fiend's house because he's only 2 miles from where I work and I live 22 miles.

The kicker too all of this is they don't know when the pipeline is going to be working again ::

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
I'm in Imperial Valley, CA...Gas was 1.94 in San Diego Saturday...This morning 2.09 in IV....I filled up our Excursion yesterday and all I have to say is ouch!!!

I guess I should have filled up Saturday when we got back and it was only 1.94.....

Since I am a Gov't employee I wonder if Gray Davis will give me a raise to offset this nasy price hike....???

Slap me....What was I thinking??????

$80+ dollars per fillup??? I guess SWMBO will be driving the 66 as soon as it is cool enough for it...

Mel

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Mel,

Not to sound mean or cruel...but you did buy an Excursion, what did you expect, gas prices to stay at $1 for ever? But hey...they are nice trucks...enjoy them.

That does suck about the gas prices. When I lived in San Diego, they jumped to the $2 mark a few times, and it hurt filling up my Explorer so I can't imagine an excursion.

I feel sorry for the peole in Pheonix...good luck guys.

Slade

·
Registered
913 Posts
YEah the lines are rapping around corners for hours on end.

The silly thing is if you look up the pipe line information on the company (kinder morgan : http://www.kindermorgan.com/) that owns and operates the pipeline they say that the Gass comes in from CA to Phoenix, then from Phoenix to Tucson.

There is actually two Pipelines on the company map that go to tucson from phoenix. (see asset map linked below)

http://www.kindermorgan.com/asset_map/images/Asset_map_combined.jpg

So is this a fake-induced gas shortage? *shrug* sure sounds like it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts