Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whatever became of that excellent collaboration on the fuel tank stamps? Did anyone make some stencils?

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
jjmurphy (John Murphy) is the brainchild behind that effort. I believe he has developed a correct stencil and can provide the correct date code information applicable to any car.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I have a working design using info provided by Murf but keep running into various road blocks. One minor issue is an inconsistency in one of the date code fonts that doesn't make sense. The major problem is the same one Murf ran into when he did his. Stencils cannot duplicate the small fonts used and if I can't get the stencil to work for people or if I make them wrong, I'll hear about it from more than one person! :(
Option #2 is to check into the feasibility of silk screens. But a silk screen won't allow for the user to install his own dates as I had planned for the stencil. Plus it may just turn out to be impractical to produce. Still working on it.
Scott

1 - 3 of 3 Posts