Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember reading an article in one of the Mustang magazines about a gas tank "protector/divider" that mounted directly on top of the gas tank rather than behind the rear seat, it looked good and protected the tank creating a solid steel floor for the trunk. Does anyone know where to buy one or who makes it?

·
Banned
5,578 Posts
It was probably about Tank Armor. You can also get a fuel cell to replace the entire tank, but that's more expensive.

Steve

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's exactly what I'm looking for. Thanks for the quick response..

·
Registered
4,882 Posts
1,000,000 '65-'66 Mustangs were produced 35+ years ago. How many have exploded? Given that most women talking on cell phones or putting on makeup drive SUV's you should be safe as the bumper will go clear over your gas tank./forums/images/icons/smile.gif (just kidding ladies)

G

·
As others have mentioned about Tank Armor I can personally attest to the quality of this item and the service you get from those guys down in the desert.

One other thing to think about is to get one of those steel rear seat dividers which replace the felt and particle board behind the rear seat. I seem to recall paying around $42 on ehay and see them advertised often. Just another little barrier between good and bad.

Also, the steel provides a nice surface to put some sound deadening or dynomat on for making the cabin more quiet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts