Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
While ago I did posted a question about Gauge cluster modification for 69/70 to accommodate the after market gauges. Some one led me to stangnet (corpse) who did the mod.
I did sit down and look at it and was kind of surprised, that I need to use the fiberglass and cut and saw. .......
I thought it have to be easier.
My modification does not need any nasty glue and cutting.
It can be reversed back to stock any time. Only what is add to the stock middle panel is 4 holes, which you cannot see anyway.
If any questions, PM me I'll answer them.
Mod can be really cheap, depends on gauges.
Here we go http://www.geocities.com/kvinkler/gauges/page_01.htm
it's on my WEB.

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
Very Nice.

·
Registered
655 Posts
That looks great!!! I'm wondering about the electrical hook up. Since it doesn't look like you're using the original circuit board, any plans for making the harness that goes into the big plug?

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanx Guys.
Speedo is electric, I used the sender and mounted it on the firewall from inside. Then u ranning only the wires to the speedo.
I tried to think to modify it for the standard connector. But because my car is build as a hot rod, I'm rewiring all the car for the latest technology.
This will be task for someone else. It's not dificult to wire it to connector using original diagram with few mods, depends what gauges u using.

·
Registered
17 Posts
nice work looks very profesional .I plan on installing autometer gauges on my mach 1 so I mailed your pic to myself for reference this has to be the best web site for information it;s helped me out alot. Keep up the good work

1 - 9 of 9 Posts