Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need/want (however you look at it) 8'' center section with some gears and or posi...looking for 325 330 ish gears.

Also I need some heads that breath better than stock 302's and i dont want to do 351 heads because i have a new intake and headers.

Steel GT40's Not P's.

Windsor Jr.

ported 289/302 heads????

Let me know if you have anything like this.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Arent those the gt40 p's??? They have a relocated plug and header location...i think thats right for 96. one of the years it is still the old style.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Why are you ruling out 351 heads? I have 351 heads and still run my 289 performer intake and headers that were on my 289. The differnce is headbolts and possibly checking on the positioning of the exhaust ports.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well that is good news that i could keep my intake but since it is an air gap arent the 351 windsor heads taller??? Im concerned about hood clearance with those heads. Also my headers are mac longtubes and fit perfectly with no drop down brackets or anything so didnt want to cause more headaches if i dont have to.

·
Registered
5,093 Posts
the 351W heads will bolt right in place of the 289/302 heads, no problems. just buy the correct intake gaskets for the correct year head or you could end up with a coolant leak. I forget when ford changed the water passage shape on the heads but that just affects the gasket not the fitting of the head.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
hotrodder68 said:
Arent those the gt40 p's??? They have a relocated plug and header location...i think thats right for 96. one of the years it is still the old style.
I have one pair of each. The price I quoted is for the GT40s. I want $250 for the pair of "P" heads.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts