Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So this weekend it was GORGEOUS in SE Pennsylvania and I had the opportunity to participate in a "Covid-19" rally. Along with about 50 other classic and vintage cars, we drove in psudo-parade fashion (except at normal driving speeds) through the neighborhoods of Chester county. The route was published on the NextDoor app and people sat on their curbs and waved at us as we went by. We even had a few police officers stop traffic for us so that we could go through intersections without breaking formation. It was a really nice way to get out with other enthusiasts without getting together. Here is my new favorite family photo...me and all of my girls!!!
MustangFamilyPortrait2020_00001.jpg

·
Registered
198 Posts
Very cool!

·
Registered
1967 Mustang GT fastback
4,019 Posts
Excellent pic. I took my son and SWMBO out for a country drive yesterday, pulled in at an A&W parking lot, and a fellow offered to buy my car! (Answer was no...)

·
Super Moderator
10,797 Posts
So this weekend it was GORGEOUS in SE Pennsylvania and I had the opportunity to participate in a "Covid-19" rally. Along with about 50 other classic and vintage cars, we drove in psudo-parade fashion (except at normal driving speeds) through the neighborhoods of Chester county. The route was published on the NextDoor app and people sat on their curbs and waved at us as we went by. We even had a few police officers stop traffic for us so that we could go through intersections without breaking formation. It was a really nice way to get out with other enthusiasts without getting together. Here is my new favorite family photo...me and all of my girls!!! View attachment 753106
Looks like fun!

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Wow! Looks like some of you were having an awesome day.!! Congratulations.!!

·
Registered
603 Posts
I did a couple of Hill Country rides in both my 73 Mach 1 and 70 Dart Swinger. A little warm but I did not crank the A/C on either.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Looks like a good time was had by all. I did not participate in anything like your car parade, but since last weekend temps were in lower 60's for temps with sunshine I took my 66 for a social distancing ride.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
That’s pretty awesome!

·
Registered
65 Fastback 289 4 spd, 65 convertible 5.0L 5 spd. 3.73 8.8
264 Posts
So this weekend it was GORGEOUS in SE Pennsylvania and I had the opportunity to participate in a "Covid-19" rally. Along with about 50 other classic and vintage cars, we drove in psudo-parade fashion (except at normal driving speeds) through the neighborhoods of Chester county. The route was published on the NextDoor app and people sat on their curbs and waved at us as we went by. We even had a few police officers stop traffic for us so that we could go through intersections without breaking formation. It was a really nice way to get out with other enthusiasts without getting together. Here is my new favorite family photo...me and all of my girls!!! View attachment 753106
Very cool, looks like fun. We were supposed to have a cruise and the local police said no because of covid.

·
Registered
845 Posts
I've been dying for a solid weekend that isn't raining. I think I've just gotten my 68's power steering rebuild all worked out in time for this upcoming one! Wish there was something like this near D.C. Heck I'd even drive out to PHL for a good one :p

·
Premium Member
6,156 Posts
Things are slowly getting back to normal here, I'm about to roll around to off days, weather forecast is nice, gas is cheap, traffic is down, and the wife can take her work with us...SO...
leaving soon in a PAIR of '66s for a road trip to see all the parents. It will be the first time my wife's parents will see the Emberglo car, and the first time for my parents since we did the interior, and they're super excited for my son. I'm thankful to share this time with our family. Haven't seen my parents since before Christmas...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts