Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I bought my car the PO did not have a title.
In GA it's OK to sell a car of that age with a bill of sale.
Question is, if I wanted to get a title?
Can't I apply for one?

Hmmmm?

Jimbo65

65 I6 200 Coupe (Daily Driver)

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm in the same boat. My mustang was given to me without a title. I did a little bit of searching on the net and came across some information that says I just need to have the owner go into the DMV in fill out a form to apply for a new one. So...I'm having the previous owner, my girlfriends dad, do so. I'm not sure if its the same in Georgia as it is here in Indiana but I'm sure that it can't be too awfully different. Good Luck.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I am currently going thru this in Virginia. I had to get a DMV inspector to come look at the car and the bill of sale. He is
going to provide paperwork to use in order to get the title. He
used the vin # from the fenders and ran it thru some sort of
national data base to confirm the vin#. I am still waiting for
him to send the forms. Good luck.

65 Coupe (The Toy)
68 Coupe (Son's)
2000 GT Conv. (Wife's)
66 Conv. (New Project)
http://www.zing.com/picture/p3228deeb98049833a72408c1fb0889a9/fec469a8.jpg

·
Registered
376 Posts
I bought my 67 convertible in Mississippi about 3 years ago. Because of Mississippi law and tha age of the vehicle, it had never been titled. (Originally bought in ALAbama, no title in those days, I'm now third owner). When I brought the car back to Louisiana and attempted to title and register it, I too, had to have a DMV Inspector or Police Inspector run an inspection. A little hassle, but certainly possible. Good luck and try not to get to frustrated with the system.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts