Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this was suppossed to be easy? Well it actually was until I tried to get the heater box back into the car and slide it past the AC Motor. Not enought room though .....as it seems. . The heater box corner can fit past the AC motor, but the bulky part of the heater box cannot. Any insight on how I can get the heater box back into the car and past the Ac unit/motor? Thanks I love this forum.

·
Registered
35,866 Posts
I've done this many times. You don't get past, you go around. With the heater on the floor, insert the defroster plenum behind the AC. Slide it up toward the firewall. It's a pain, but it goes.

If it's mounted too far to the right, simply remove the two bolts attaching the AC to the dash, and pull the right side out to get more clearance.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ac and heater box

I will try what you said and the issue is that the AC seems to be bolted to the frame and the bolt is behind the motor in the center of it. If I do move the ac, will it affect any of the freon within?
thanks

·
Registered
35,866 Posts
I will try what you said and the issue is that the AC seems to be bolted to the frame and the bolt is behind the motor in the center of it. If I do move the ac, will it affect any of the freon within?
thanks
That's not a bolt, it's a peg-leg to hold up the AC box.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your help - I will try it when I get a minute or more and will let you know. It is very tight thats for sure.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts