Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, my car has been sitting pretty much since I went to Georgia Tech in '94. My sister drove it for a while off and on but it hasn't been a daily driver since then.

Now it's time to put it back on the road. Some of you know, my father owns a body shop so we painted it first. It looks sharp too! But there is still so much to do. The interior is in shambles! I bought a new carpet a few months ago from one of the guys here (Marco) and I got a nice new grill and coral from another guy that I haven't seen on here for a while. Yesterday I got the car put together enough to be driveable but it doesn't have any emblems, rocker moldings, and the new top hasn't been put on yet. I bought all the rest of the new stuff from Ponderosa and have been happy with the parts. I guess I will slowly put on all the new small stuff. It takes so much time though...but in the end it will look great.

I dropped it off at a local tune up place and it looks like it will be $550 to get it ready for the road. New plugs, wires, points, rear brakes, fluids, clean out all the good stuff, etc.

I'll hold off on the tires for now until I get back to Atlanta.

Oh the joys of the classic car /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

1 - 3 of 3 Posts