Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Administrator
19,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This evening my coupe went up on jack stands so I could start cleaning the undercarriage and taking care of a few minor problems. I figured if I got going earlier than usual to prepare, I wouldn't be going so crazy right before it's time to leave for the show.

I know I don't have to do much with the interior and exterior other than basic cleaning and polishing, but the engine bay and undercarriage can always use work. Just the higher humidity at the Pensacola show alone caused problems on a car that is used to the dry desert air.

BTW, if anyone has a C-4 tranny pan that isn't dented, scratched or otherwise abused, Murphy really needs a new one. The former life of my coupe as an offroad archaeology field vehicle is evident on the pan and it's not repairable. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

·
Registered
607 Posts
Hey laurie, that is exactly what I am doing! Getting ready for the National. Touching up on a few things that need attention. I have some of the judges baffled about the correct lid for my brake cylinder. They dont have a drum brake lid listed for 71-73 on the score sheets, just power disk. Most have never seen a 71-73 drum system, so guess who was getting deducted for points? Oh well. Daryl

·
Administrator
19,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey, that's great you'll be there, too! Better make sure they don't mix your car up again with that other one. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif We'll have the same four cars there as last year--my coupe, Chuck's GTCS, the 1966 Shelby, and the 1965 modified convertible.

Before work this morning I just had to go under the car and check it out. I was surprised, it actually doesn't look too bad, much better than I hoped. I love enclosed trailers for long, wet trips! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

1 - 3 of 3 Posts