Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took today off to get some loose ends tied up on the FBD. Like wash and do the 3 step Maguires wax job. We are leaving Thursday morning 9:30 am Michigan time. Then Meeting up with Cantedvalve and allen ( I don't remember his handle) west of CHicago.
If you are interested here is a link to some pictures of last years Corn Feed. http://www.folksites.com/TFOB/vmfcornfeed2001.htm

I am Hoping NPD comes through for me today. They really screwed me up. I order new intertior door pulls for the new door panels last Thursday. They came Monday. No problem right? "WRONG" Who ever packages thier stuff put a left hand door pull in a right hand bag!!!!!!!!! I have 2 left hand door pulls AAAARRRGGGG!!!! I called them right away, Got Slick willy the sales man. He said he would try to get it out Monday night. I told him I was heading to Iowa with the Stang on Thursday morning. He didn't seem too concerned about that.
I asked about a UPS pick up tag. He said it is not worth a $15 dollar pick up tag to pick up a $5 part. I would have to ship it back and let them know what the shipping charge was so they could credit me!!!!!!!!!! I said excuse me That door pull is a $50 part!!!!!!!!! I had a tough time keeping my composure with this gentleman.
For the Most part I "REALLY" Really like NPD they have great parts and usually good customer service. But this guy rubbed me the wrong way. and kinda made me feel like it was my fault I got the wrong part. This was from thier Livona Store by Detroit Mi. I will continue to use them Because I like them so much I just had to get this off my chest.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Tony, you don't want me to get started on the NPD folks in Michigan.

Out of the 3 orders I did with them, only 1... ONE order came out correctly and I got my parts "on time"... That was interior stuff if I recall.. The rest of the time they either told me misinformation or they just simply didn't send out an order. I had a specific deadline to get my sheet metal parts, so I could take them with my car... parts don't arrive so I call and ask about the order... "For some reason, it wasn't sent out"...

I'm was on a first name basis with one of the Managers there... I haven't bought any parts since.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Tony- Good luck on the delivery! I have had recent problems w/NPD Mi. also but I guess they don't know NOS from aftermarket so I guess I get a pick up ticket from UPS for a $250 part.

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Looking forward to seeing everybody again!!!

I'm finishing up some loose ends also, in preparation for a Friday AM departure. Weather looks to be hot (90*) and DRY for this weekend.

Drove the clone to work today to check things over. The pesky rearend drip is GONE. I installed new urethane front spring perches last night & reworked my alignment for more caster (2.5* now), so it tracks down the road REALLY nice. Had to readjust the bumpsteer - lots of fun /forums/images/icons/wink.gif! Feels pretty good, but I'll probably bring some alignment tools in case it needs tweaking....Still have to deal with that pesky tach wiring - tach has been "jumpy" ever since I ran a new 12V for the Pertronix - must be too close to the tach wire somewhere.../forums/images/icons/crazy.gif

Just finishing up some of the little details now - all the "big stuff" is ready to go. Cloney's 5.0 is running REALLY good too!!! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

·
Registered
6,031 Posts
I feel liek I am rolling the dice driving my car there. I dont have any issues with it that I can think of, but I dont feel entirely comfortable with it yet. I just swapped center sections in effort to keep my goofy butt from looking like a dork in the burnout competition, and now i am second guessing if I got everything right... I hate that.

Engine is strong, but ticking. Tranny is solid, and suspension feels solid. I wish I had my new shocks. It doesnt overheat anymore. I guess I am just jumpy.

I am gonna have plummer55 and TFOB with me, so I guess I have support if the cow excrement really hits the rotational cooling device.

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
I'm always nervous getting ready for a road trip. Take a few basic tools, fluids, and a cell phone - you can either fix it or get towed!!! /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif I've never run into any major problems (knock on wood)!!!

After that 1000 miles + on Hot Rod Power Tour last month, the 400 miles to Des Moines and back for me is just a sprint!!! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know what you mean Clone, This will be the first long trip with the 429. I have 800 miles on it wso far. I think it will be ok.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Yeah, NPD is a necessary evil. I actually went in and orderd my stuff last month, and when I got home I discovered I had a couple small errors. Shoulda checked it better, but they do have good stuff, if not great prices....

·
Registered
6,070 Posts
Oh never mind the excuses..get your butt in that car and head to Des Moines..*LOL*..see you guys there..we are arriving sometime Friday afternoon, catch up with you at the Hampton. I can't wait to get into the burn out contest in my 6 cyl. rented Mustang..*LOL*

·
Registered
6,031 Posts
What?! What about the 351C I sent you? Surely you can do a quick conversion to the rental!! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

1 - 11 of 11 Posts