Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im getting ready to run my brake lines and get everything set up. I have a brand new MC that came with my diskbrakeswap kit. Can someone just run down the steps to bench bleed the MC before I install it.
Also after you bench bleed it do you have to plug the holes or is just keeping fluid in enough?

Last does anyone have any pics or suggestions for running the lines. Its been years since i took all the old lines off so I really dont remember how the were run. Im putting in all new lines that I bought from NPD.

Thanks for your help
Dennis

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Most new MCs come with plugs for bench bleeding. Install the plugs, clamp the MC upright in a vice, add some brake fluid and with a blunt tool, start pumping the piston. Most recommend short strokes less than an inch. Keep doing this till you can't move the piston more than an 1/8 of an inch. Leave the plugs in until youre ready to attach the lines. The older way of bench bleeding was to run lines back into the reservoir but I havent seen new MCs recommend that in a few years.

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Last does anyone have any pics or suggestions for running the lines. Its been years since i took all the old lines off so I really dont remember how the were run. Im putting in all new lines that I bought from NPD.
I've just installed my brake and fuel lines and blogged it at http://68vert.blogspot.com/2009/07/bringing-fuel-to-fire.html

Mine's a 68 so the install is probably a little different but maybe it will help jog your memory?

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you so much your blog really will help. Those pics look great!

Hopefully Ill have brakes in my car later today.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts