Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1966 Coupe restomod
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I can't for the life of me figure out how to install my glove box door. I cant figure out where the three screws go into underneath the dash. I also haven't found any videos online that covers this. Any recommendations?

·
Premium Member
12,017 Posts
Those 3 screws don't go in under the dash. They go in from inside the glove box.

·
Registered
35,830 Posts
You can see the three screws on the door edge of the hinge, the other three are just out of sight on the box edge. The nuts are welded to the lip of the opening. Tape a small towel to the dash to prevent scratches until you get the door adjusted. If you are replacing the cardboard glove box, do that first, preferably from underneath, while the heater is out. If the heater is already installed, protect the opening and install the cardboard before installing the hinge.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
On 67/68s the little bolts go in from the bottom. There are nuts welded into the dash that they screw into.

If you hold the door in place with the flap under the dash you'll see where the holes line up. There's really only one place they can go.

It's a little bit simpler apparently than the 65/66s.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts