Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, first let me explain this, and then youll understand why. Today of all days somebody decided to trade in their '03 Cobra (yellow) at work today. I work at Regal Ford here in beautiful Winston Salem NC. Anyway, back to the story at had. My regular job is New Car Prep., where i basically get the cars ready to be cleaned up, inspected and make sure everything is ok with them (no missings pieces, non functioning items etc.). Well, i had the chance to drive this '03 Cobra home tonight and i didn't. I feel like im dumber than a doorknob. But i drive them all the time, just never got to drive one long distance. Even my dad and girlfriend wished i would have brought it home. Now you tell me, do i deserve a kick in the pants or what?

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
A light one might not hurt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
I'm thinking a kick in the head would be more appropriate ... you know ... knock some sense into you ::

Ah, your probably better off anyway, next thing you know, you'd be wanting one, and spending all kinds of money, and perceiving to go too fast, and getting speeding tickets ::

·
4,128 Posts
My usual smiley sites are down, so http://216.40.249.192/s/otn/angry/zx11pissed.gif is the best that I can do. :: fd

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
You're better off not having driven it home. Here's why:

a. unless you can afford the payments and insurance, it leads you into temptation...

b. you can't drive it hard because if it breaks your boss is going to be real mad at you...

c. you can't show off because telling everyone its your new car is a lie and lies are hard to live with...

d. if you are smart enough to tell everyone its a rental car, they will make a mental note about your ego...

e. there is a good reason why the previous owner traded it in...

f. you can buy two V6's for the cost of one Cobra...

See? Don't you feel better now? ::

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
It would've been extra risks to take. What if you had an accident with it? What if your could would've gotten stolen for leaving it at work? I probably would have done it too, but I'm trying to make you feel a bit better. ::

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
I had an 03 Cobra for awhile - I think you would have had fun with it. Just because it's an 03 doesn't mean you HAVE to drive it like an idiot - regardless of the temptation.

Heck when I rent cars for work and get up-graded to something different (convertible, Giant SUV or 4WD Quad cab) my boyfriend is always asking whether it is due back that night of the next morning. It's also a good excuse to go out to dinner and be seen ::

I fear that I agree, you do deserve a boot to the head

1 - 10 of 10 Posts