Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Man, I finally get to respond to one of your posts!/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif I don't know the answer. After seeing the other nice rides you have, you have a very good case for originality. Your Mach 1 will be a flawless restoration of the finest class. Soo,,,,,considering that.....

I would go original if the cost vs repro is not cost prohibitive. I would also investigate where to find quality repros. NPD I'm sure, has good reproduction louvers. I guess a person just needs to weigh out budget and quality considerations. Since I'm budget minded, a nice set from NPD would fit the bill perfectly. I know, I'm confusing,.... confused. hehe.

·
Registered
4,926 Posts
I went with repro on my 70, but the repro's made by the same tooling or by the same manufacturer as the originals. These have the correct original style hinges at the top and latches at the bottom. They also fit the rear glass differently than the generic louvers from MAS or equivalent. I bought mine from NPD, paying around $400 I think. Course I painted them gold so they have no claim to an original look . . . . . I don't know if you can even find NOS louvers. In 5 years of part searching I've never seen any ads for NOS louvers. good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts