Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just went through a pretty nasty lightning storm here at work. The lights went off a few times, and then we heard a very loud thunderclap, and maybe half a second afterwards another one.

A couple of guys were outside smoking when this happened, (we have a covered smoking section outside) and as they were out there, they saw lightning strike a co-worker's 2000 Mustang convertible.

After the storm passed, we went out there to check it out. The only physical damage was the antenna had blown off (the guys said it shot about twenty feet straight up into the air) and it's charred at it's base. The car won't start, eventhough under the hood looks fine. The chip is probably toast.

I've never heard of this happening before, and I thought it would be an interesting story to post here.

·
Premium Member
5,293 Posts
Proof that God's a VINTAGE mustang fan ? ;) :: ;)

I curtailed a bike ride last night due to lightening....scary stuff when it's all around you !

·
Premium Member
2,294 Posts
I am willing to bet everything electrical in that car is toast. I bet it will be very expensive to fix, I hope the guy has insurance... and even If they do fix it, I doubt it will ever be the way it was before that happend.

·
Administrator
19,444 Posts
Ouch, fried pony! ::

1 - 6 of 6 Posts